Two easy recipes:
- Cut/scoop out the core trying to leave the bottom 1/2 inch of the apple intact | Put the apple on a baking dish and fill the gap with a mixture of raisins / nuts / cinnamon | Add 1/2 inch water to baking dish | Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F (190°C) or until apple is tender.
- Discard core and grate or chop apple, then put in small oven dish | Stir in 2/4 cup (45gr) oats, some cinnamon and 2/3 cup (160ml) milk | Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- Be creative: use chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, currants, goji berries, dates – and if you’re into it, place a dot of butter on top.
- You can substitute cow milk with coconut milk or almond milk if you want to – take the unsweetened version to reduce the intake of sugars.
- Want more sweetness? Add some powdered or liquid stevia – extracted from the stevia plant (keep in mind that some companies add extra ingredients into their packaged stevia).